[Samba] Mounting samba share

Suman Koirala koiralasu at mnstate.edu
Fri Jun 15 14:04:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was trying to mount a samba share from a host server using pam_mount module. This is my smb.conf for client machine and my pam-mount.conf.xml.

[global]
        log level = all:10
        security = ads
#        auth methods = guest sam winbind:ntdomain
        client ldap sasl wrapping = seal
        netbios name = STAT1
        realm = EXAMPLE.EDU
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        client max protocol = NT1
        idmap config * : backend      = ldap
        #idmap config * : ldap_url     = ldaps://newserver.example.edu
        idmap config * : ldap_url     = ldap://newserver.example.edu
        idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=newserver,dc=example,dc=edu
        idmap config * : ldap_user_dn = cn=admin,dc=newserver,dc=example,dc=edu
        idmap config * : default = yes
        #idmap config * : range = 120001-190000
        idmap config * : range = 10000-999999
        winbind separator = +
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        template homedir = /home/mountpoint/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        client use spnego = yes
        domain master = no
        local master = no
        preferred master = no
        os level = 0
        wins support = no
        name resolve order = wins bcast host
        ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=newserver,dc=example,dc=edu
        ldap ssl = no

gsuml