[Samba] DM 3.6.25 -> 4.x

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jun 15 13:53:09 UTC 2018

Am 2018-06-15 um 15:16 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 2018-06-15 um 14:44 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>
>> on my way now ... glibc new, samba-4.5.16 for a start
>>
>> we now get:
>>
>> [2018/06/15 14:43:09.481113,  0]
>> ../source3/winbindd/winbindd_group.c:45(fill_grent)
>>   Failed to find domain 'Unix Group'. Check connection to trusted domains!
>> [2018/06/15 14:43:15.695664,  0]
>> ../source3/winbindd/winbindd_group.c:45(fill_grent)
>>   Failed to find domain 'Unix Group'. Check connection to trusted domains!
>
> my mistake, one step further, looks good now .... stay tuned ;-)

the  [global] section looks good now, users can authenticate and open
files ... fine

While I wait for their local "admin-user" to test some PCs, I look at
the share-definitions and find:

WARNING: The "acl check permissions" option is deprecated

For example in:

[marketing]
	comment = jeder Vollzugriff
	path = /mnt/xyz/smb/Marketing
	acl check permissions = No
	acl map full control = No
	create mask = 0777
	directory mask = 0777
	read only = No

Seems as if that was an extra desparate try to provide full access to
that share ;-)

I tend to not change anything non-necessary today but plan to clean up
stuff like that asap.

Should I just remove that line right now?