[Samba] No write access on new shares until smbd is restarted

Eugene Pankov e at ajenti.org
Fri Jun 15 11:10:04 UTC 2018

Here's the revised config:

[global]
log file=/var/log/samba/log.%m
log level=8
load printers=no
printing=bsd
printcap name=/dev/null

[2430_ram]
path=/data/fs/2430-ram
create mask=0775
directory mask=0775
read only=no
valid users=man_dude

Possibly relevant: the /data/fs/2430-ram folder has its mode set to 2775,
with the intent of children inheriting the group ownership. The folder's
group is a local group that also includes man_dude (the smb.conf valid
user).

Sorry for reposting - at this time, archives
<https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-June/thread.html> are showing
both my mails as replies to myself, not Rowland and I wasn't sure whether
he'll be notified. This is my first time using a mailing list.