[Samba] problem map uuid users and group

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 15 07:18:06 UTC 2018

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:58:37 +0500
Шигапов Денис Вильданович via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> for the groups and users it is necessary to configure on the AD side
> UNIX Attributes and edit /etc/nsswitch.conf
>
> passwd:     files winbind
> shadow:     files winbind
> group:      files winbind

Do not set 'winbind' on shadow

> after edit config samba to
>
> SERVER DC:
> [global]
>           netbios name = SRV-DC02
>           realm = EXAMPLE.RU
>           workgroup = EXAMPLE
>           server role = active directory domain controller
>           log level = 2 auth_json_audit:3

I would add 'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307  = yes' to the DC smb.conf and a
'dns forwarder' pointing to an external dns server.

> SHARE:
> [global]
>     netbios name = SRV-SHARE
>     workgroup = EXAMPLE
>     realm = EXAMPLE.RU
>     server string = %h rsync host
>     security = ads

Did you actually read the wikipage I pointed you at ??

> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member

If you did, then you must have completely misunderstood it, you need
'idmap config' lines (and other lines)

Please read it again ;-)

Rowland