[Samba] No write access on new shares until smbd is restarted

Eugene Pankov e at ajenti.org
Thu Jun 14 21:09:15 UTC 2018

Yep - that's a standalone server. We're running the same configuration
(generated from a template) on over a hundred of servers, and just a few
manifest this "readonly until restart" behaviour. I'm struggling to isolate
any specific conditions that cause this at the moment.
The users are added as Samba users.