[Samba] ACL Anomaly with vfs_acl_xattr on ocfs2 volumes running on ubuntu 18.04

Felix Stolte f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jun 14 14:28:51 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

we are running a CTDB cluster and share folders on ocfs2 volumes via
samba using the vfs acl_xattr to store acls in extended attributes. It
works fine with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I'm currently testing 18.04 and have a
weird (but reproducable) ACL behaviour: I grant two users a and user b
full access on a folder from a windows client. (Share permissions are
fullcontrol for everyone). If the folder is owned by user A, user B can
change into it, but is not allowed to create files or folders. He is
however allowed to delete files and folders.

This is only on ocfs2 formated volumes, on ext4 or cephfs ACLs work as
expected. Anybody ran into the same issue and has a solution for this?

Best regards Felix

--
Felix Stolte
IT-Services

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir. Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt