[Samba] Samba 4.8 RODC not working

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 13 09:31:18 UTC 2018

Hai, i did see something else you might want to check.

I suspect a possible wrong character in smb.conf.

The line : server role = active directory domain controller
It the only line with "server" in it, i've just checked the smb.conf you posted.

Try this, run
# backup
cp /etc/samba/smb.conf{,-TEST)

# This will remove all special characters except the keyboard characters
perl -i -pe 's/[^\x20-\x7f]//g' /etc/samba/smb.conf-TEST
diff /etc/samba/smb.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf-TEST

Check if you see/get differences.

Greetz,

Louis