[Samba] Problem with named.service

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jun 9 07:21:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 21:59:00 +0000 (UTC)
Fermin Francisco <abcddo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Good Afternoon!
>
> First I'm sorry for my last mail, and my english is not good.
>
> What OS?
> Centos 7.5
>
> Samba Version?
> Version 4.7.0pre1-GIT-1c4b15a
>
> Bind Version?
> Name        : bind
> Arch        : x86_64
> Epoch       : 32
> Version     : 9.9.4
> Release     : 61.el7
> Size        : 4.3 M
> Samba smb.conf
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         netbios name = PC
>         realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
>         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns

My first thought was 'He doesn't need the server services line, it is
the same as having no server services line'

Then it hit me, the OP thinks he is using Bind9 instead of the internal
DNS server.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you seem to be trying to use
Bind9 and the internal DNS server at the same time.

Replace the 'server services' line with either of these two lines (they
both do the same thing, turn off the internal DNS server)

server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

OR

server services = -dns

Rowland