[Samba] Samba4.6 - Groups creation/import fails

Arnaud FLORENT aflorent at iris-tech.fr
Fri Jun 8 13:44:44 UTC 2018

hello

another object (not a group) ie user / computer with the name mygroup
can also exist and prevent group creation...

see

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)

      Prevent failure due to common user/group names

If you have any usernames that are the same as a groupname, you will
have to rename one of them. Otherwise the provisioning will fail
(„ProvisioningError: Please remove common user/group names before
upgrade.“). Also, if you have unique groups that, for whatever
historical reason, share the same displayName, they will have to be
edited so that all the displayNames are different.