[Samba] samba4+squid3+ntlm

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 8 12:33:06 UTC 2018

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 08:19:22 -0400 (CDT)
Eduardo Miranda Hidalgo via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have a squid3 with aunteticacion ntlm integrated to samba4 but in
> workstations with windows 8.1 constantly asked for the username and
> password and it does not let the user navigate, use debian 8 + samba
> 4.7.7, no idea because that happens in client with windows 7 works
> well.
>

> smb.conf
>
> workgroup = MYDOMINIO
> security = ads
> netbios name = srv-proxy
> server string = Servidor Proxy de Dominio
> realm =MYDOMINIO.COM
> password server = srv-pdc.midominio.com
>
> winbind uid = 10000-20000
> winbind gid = 10000-20000
> winbind use default domain = yes
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
>
> syslog = 0
> #log level = 1
> log level = 3 passdb:5 auth:10 winbind:5
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> max log size = 50

Cannot speak for the squid part, but your smb.conf is using the old
deprecated 'winbind uid & gid', try this one instead.

[global]
workgroup = MYDOMINIO
security = ads
server string = Servidor Proxy de Dominio
realm = MYDOMINIO.COM

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3999-7999
idmap config MYDOMINIO : backend = rid
idmap config MYDOMINIO : range = 10000-20000

winbind use default domain = yes

syslog = 0
log level = 3 passdb:5 auth:10 winbind:5
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50

Rowland