[Samba] DM 3.6.25 -> 4.x

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jun 8 11:57:45 UTC 2018

Am 2018-05-30 um 18:22 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 2018-05-30 um 17:36 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>> On Wed, 30 May 2018 17:22:56 +0200
>> "Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>>
>>> can / should I test this with 3.6.25 already?
>>> Unfortunately I don't have a valid ADS user/pw yet there, so I may
>>> delay that update.
>>
>> well, as to can, been sometime since I used 3.6.x, but I think it
>> will work with it, 'should' is a different thing, it 'should' work,
>> but I would suggest backing everything up before you try.
>
> I decide to delay that update until next week.
> They left office already, noone there to create a test user etc
> too dangerous

Approaching the update again, I plan to go to 4.5.16 first at the end of
next week (this is the release marked as "stable" in gentoo terms ...).
The step to 4.7.x or 4.8.x should then be easier/smaller/less scary, right?

-

I have to upgrade glibc on the way, and gentoo wants me to fix
nsswitch.conf:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Glibc_2.26_porting_notes/nsswitch.conf_in_glibc-2.26

The server has until now:

# /etc/nsswitch.conf:
# $Header:
/var/cvsroot/gentoo/src/patchsets/glibc/extra/etc/nsswitch.conf,v 1.1
2006/09/29 23:52:23 vapier Exp $

passwd:      compat winbind
shadow:      compat winbind
group:       compat dns winbind