[Samba] Are some Group Policies broken?

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Thu Jun 7 16:01:24 UTC 2018

Louis - thanks for this response. Unbeknownst to me my mail filter was not working and I've
seen your message only today. I'm still struggling with this problem and have not found any
answers yet. I'm interested in trying your solution, but need a bit of clarification. You
wrote:

> When i remove the user folder, and reappy it again from RSAT, but now with the UID/GID set,
> Redirections work fine.

Our users' redirected folder physically reside on \\ADDC\redirectedFolders\Users\username and
have subfolders 'Desktop', 'Favorites' and 'My Documents', per the policy.  Which user
folder(s) are you saying you deleted? /redirectedFolders/Users/username, or one or all of the
subfolders only? I assume you preserved the contents somewhere?

When you say, "reappy it again from RSAT", from where are you doing this? Group Policy
Management? What do you mean by "reapply"? Do you remove and recreate the Policy?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm delaying adding a new domain member to the domain
until I can get this solved.

THX -- Mark