[Samba] samba behavior change with version upgrade

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 7 13:57:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:51:11 +0100
Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:43:07 +0200
> "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > So only Rowland is allowed to help?? If everybody does that them in
> > feeling really sorry for him. There are lots of people here with
> > very good knowledge. Even if its a long post, everything might be
> > relevant, i suggest, you try it.. It does not hurt. Anonimize the
> > config if needed.
> >

> I am trying to do two things at once, re-writing the time server
> wikipage and reading (and shortening) the smb.conf files I was sent,
> give me a few minutes and I will post them with a comment.
>
> Rowland

OK, here are thr two smb.conf files without commented lines and obvious
default lines.

This is what the OP should have posted:

MAYA:

[global]
   workgroup = AGI-NET
   server string = %h server (Samba, LinuxMint)
   dns proxy = no
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 2048
   log level = 0
   syslog = 0
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
   pam password change = yes
   map to guest = bad user
   client lanman auth = yes
   client ntlmv2 auth = no
   lanman auth = yes
   usershare allow guests = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   path = /var/spool/samba
   printable = yes
   guest ok = no
   read only = yes
   create mask = 0700

[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers
   path = /var/lib/samba/printers
   browseable = yes
   read only = yes
   guest ok = no

[testing]
	comment = Samba test shared directory
	read only = no
	locking = no
	path = /var/tmp
    guest ok = yes

SYLVIA:

[global]
   workgroup = AGI-NET
	server string = %h server (Samba, LinuxMint)
   dns proxy = no
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 2048
  log level = 0