[Samba] Recurrent DNS issues after DC loss

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 7 13:24:51 UTC 2018

Ok, so what I seemed to remember was just not true.

a) I did not find any such references in any patch or release notes for
Samba.

b) I managed to find the list conversation I was referring to ("userid
shows 4294967295" from Dec 2015). The trouble I might run into would be
due to a CentOS upgrade and the fact that system user ids then would
start at 1000 and not 500 anymore.

Interesting what the mind creates of memories after a couple of years.
Also interesting with which subjective certainty this can be paired.

Seems I will upgrade my DCs in the near future (and use that demote script).

Ole