[Samba] Lots of failed message in smbd.log: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 7 10:17:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 09:59:13 +0000
"Georg.Biberger--- via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Attached smb.conf now inline:
> [global]
>        security = ADS
>        workgroup = MUC
>        realm = europe.bmw.corp
>        netbios name = eda
>        netbios aliases = lpeda1 lpeda1.muc
>        log file = /lfs/EDA/DATA/SOFTWARE/samba/var/log/samba/%m.log
>        log level = 2
>
>        # Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts
>        # and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain:
>        # - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
>        # - must use a read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
>        # - Adding just this is not enough
>        # - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration, see below
>        idmap config * : backend = tdb
>        idmap config * : range = 79846-500000000

Did you read the commented (#) lines above ?
If you did, did you understand the last one:
'You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration, see below'

It looks like you want to use the winbind 'rid' backend, so I would
expect lines similar to these:

       idmap config * : backend = tdb
       idmap config * : range = 3999-7999
       idmap config MUC : backend = rid
       idmap config MUC : range = 79846-500000000

Rowland