[Samba] Erro Transfer Fsmo(DNS)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 6 19:02:41 UTC 2018

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 15:49:52 -0300
Carlos via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> So not the problem of using "seize" when both the OLD-FSMO server and
> NOVO-FSMo are active and on the network? The problem is to use
> "seize" if OLD-FSMO is not on the network and then come back?
> If I understood how it would be ....

If you 'seize' a role and the original holder of the role is still
running and replicating, then the new owner will replicate to the old
owner and everything will be okay. However, if you seize a role and the
old DC is 'dead', but later comes back (a zombie, I suppose), they will
be out of sync and, for sometime, there could be two owners of the same
FSMO role, not a good idea.

Rowland