[Samba] Erro Transfer Fsmo(DNS)

Carlos carlos.hollow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 18:35:29 UTC 2018

Hi!

In wiki ->
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Transferring_and_Seizing_FSMO_Roles#Difference_of_Transferring_and_Seizing_FSMO_Roles

"If the DC is broken (e. g. hardware defect) and will never come back
again, then you can seize the role on a remaining DC. It is very
important that the old DC will never be connected to the network again,
if it is connected again, this will cause conflicts and lead to an
inconsistent AD. This is because the old DC will not notice the change
and still feel responsible for tasks related to the role."

In my case, the problem is not hardware, but maintenance, but both
servers will be connected ....

Regards