[Samba] Samba4 - Interdomain trust with samba3

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Tue Jun 5 15:24:52 UTC 2018

Le 05/06/2018 à 15:25, Marco Gaiarin via samba a écrit :
> Mandi! Julien TEHERY via samba
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Now both domain live together during the migration i would like to set up an
>> interdomain trust between the 2 domains so that samba4 users can still have
>> access to samba shares on the old samba3 domain. So it would be a one-way
>> trust from samba4 to samba3
> It is not really an answer but... if you can manage to have and keep the
> same password and usernames across the two domain, the AD domain can
> access the NT domain resources.
>
> I'm doing that now, and seems to work pretty well...

Hi,

Indeed it works !
I was so focused on the approbation that i forgot that in this case
password sync resolves those problems.
But the question remains, and i'm still interested in knowing if someone
succeeded in a relationship between samba3 and samba4

By the way, thanks for your simple but efficient answer ;)