[Samba] Help, DNS forwarding not working!

Dr. Hansjoerg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Mon Jun 4 09:43:10 UTC 2018

Hi

Hmm, there is a problem with Bind9, if you reload the config, it falls
over, everybody pointed at Bind9, but now I am not so sure. Could it be
that it is actually a Samba problem ??

I am not sure, if this may be related.

We had SAMBA-BIND-DNS problems after an upgrade from CentOS-7.4 to CentOS-7.5

We were running a self compiled samba 4.7

During the Upgrade from Centos-7.4 -> 7.5 in /etc/krb5,conf

the following line was added at the very beginning of the file (not in any section)

includedir /etc/krb5.conf.d/

and this seems to lead to problems with samba/heimdal kerberos.

Bind was unable to access samba DNS due to kerberos errors any more .

When I removed the line above from /etc/krb5,conf it works as before

Regards

Hansjörg

Rowland