[Samba] Trust relationship between different domains

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jun 4 06:24:47 UTC 2018

Hai Elias,

NET USE \\10.10.1.7\IPC$ /user:campus\administrator pa$$wd

Works! :)

C:\>net use
Novas conexões serão lembradas.

Status       Local     Remoto                    Rede

             E:        \\vboxsrv\D_DRIVE         VirtualBox Shared Folders
OK                     \\10.10.1.7\IPC$          Microsoft Windows Network

Now try to setup the domain trust again, it that works, this a workaround for a windows client problem

I do this via RSAT or samba-tool?

Ok, if \\hostname of \\hostname.fqdn int working then you have probely have resolving issues.
And i was assuming you would use the RSAT tools. ;-)

For sofar, try it out and let us know.

Greetz,

Louis