[Samba] chrony configuration for secondary samba DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 4 02:59:55 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-06-03 at 17:40 +0300, Alexei Rozenvaser via samba wrote:
> By the way there is ntpsigndsocket option in chrony configuration
> file. https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/3.3/chrony.conf.html#ntpsigndsocket
> Can you please look at
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_samba-ad-dc and may be
> https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/comparison.html  ?

Neat!  While the protocol involved is a disgusting hack (both the MS-
SNTP thing and the named pipe protocol I did with the ntp.org folks to
make it support it), I'm glad other NTP servers can now integrate with
Samba's AD DC.

Perhaps when everyone has cooled down a little we can get the Samba
wiki page updated with this information?

In terms of software history, ntp.org is on it's way out and it would
be good to have instructions to work with whatever is the current
defaults.

(Mark Atwood from ntpsec did promise to re-implement the mssntp support
they ripped out, but that was with me promising to write a test client
and I never did.  Oops).

Andrew Bartlett