[Samba] chrony configuration for secondary samba DC

Alexei Rozenvaser alexei.roz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:40:16 UTC 2018

By the way there is ntpsigndsocket option in chrony configuration
file. https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/3.3/chrony.conf.html#ntpsigndsocket
Can you please look at
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_samba-ad-dc and may be
https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/comparison.html  ?
On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 5:32 PM Rowland Penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 17:11:47 +0300
> Alexei Rozenvaser <alexei.roz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 4:51 PM Rowland Penny via samba
> > <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > > No your not, you are just running Samba as another DC, all DCs are
> > > equal except for the FSMO roles and they can be on any DC.

> > > apt-get purge chrony
> > > apt-get install ntp
> > >
> > > then read this:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_Synchronisation
> > >
> > > Rowland

> It might be Ubuntu's default time server, but it will not work on a
> Samba DC, you must use ntp.
> Try running 'sudo samba -b | grep 'SIGND', what are the first three
> letters in the output ?
>
> Rowland
>
> --

Alexei Rozenvaser