[Samba] Trust relationship between different domains

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:55:51 UTC 2018

hello Louis, thanks for the reply!!! :D

Sorry for the late reply.

No need for excuses. Again I apologize for sending you a private email.

> I do preffer the list, and i understand why you mailt my directly, but
> best is to keep this on the list. The more eye that see this, the more
> chance you have on a reply.

Yes, me too, but I believe the people was busy and may not have seen the
topic on the list. :)

Now, i see you are using my 4.8.2 packages. so you on debian. *( or ubuntu
> 1804 )

Debian x64.

> First try this.
> On the computer where you use the RSAT tools, open CMD box, and run:
>
> NET USE \\<DOMAIN-CONTROLER.FQDN>\IPC$
> /user:<DOMAIN-NAME>\<Domain-admin-user>
> NET USE \\<DOMAIN-CONTROLER>\IPC$ /user:<DOMAIN-NAME>\<Domain-admin-user>

I was able to run the command with the IP instead of the domain name.

First I ran on the campus.sertao.intra:

NET USE \\dc1.campus.reitoria.intra\IPC$ /user:campus\administrator pa$$wd
and too
NET USE \\campus.reitoria.intra\IPC$ /user:campus\administrator pa$$wd

Didn't work.

So, I ran with IP instead:

NET USE \\10.10.1.7\IPC$ /user:campus\administrator pa$$wd

Works! :)

C:\>net use
Novas conexões serão lembradas.

Status       Local     Remoto                    Rede

             E:        \\vboxsrv\D_DRIVE         VirtualBox Shared Folders
OK                     \\10.10.1.7\IPC$          Microsoft Windows Network

> Now try to setup the domain trust again, it that works, this a workaround
> for a windows client problem

I do this via RSAT or samba-tool?

If you get the message again, do you have a MS Exchange in one of the
> domains? that migth give theat message also.

I don't have.

And my concerns why this might not work, when i look at your domain names:
> ifrs.edu.br
>     HQ
> city_name.ifrs.edu.br    CITY
> sertao.ifrs.edu.br    Campus
>
> Now, and i might be very wrong here, but if you want to use domain trust
> between different domains, with what i see now, give problem with dns.
> What is the top level (primary dns) domain of all three mentioned domains.

No, city_name is a example, coz this is a subdomain of HQ (ifrs.edu.br) at
institution level and always is a city name where the campus is located.
Real name is sertao.ifrs.edu.br.

--
Elias Pereira