[Samba] DNS not resolving particular host from queries from particular subnet

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 1 12:55:18 UTC 2018

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 13:21:44 +0100
Zdravko Zdravkov <nirayah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rowland.
>
> Trying the suggested named.conf broke the local resolve of the
> storage as well (for clients in 192.168.26.0), so I reverted back to
> my old one since I have computers here using the storage at the
> moment. Would you have any other suggestions?

Not really, it looks like you have a broken AD dns set up. As I said,
the Samba AD DC must be authoritative for the AD domain and should
forward anything outside the domain to another DNS server.
You could look into this though:
If your storage (whatever it is, a NAS I suppose) is not part of the AD
domain but is in the same subnet, then create its dns records in the
Samba AD DNS and point it to the Samba DC as its nameserver.

Rowland