[Samba] Remove Redundant DCs internal DNS

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 10:55:41 UTC 2018

On 31/05/18 18:44, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> So there is also an easier option in the long term.  Plus we will make
> the online demote clean up the extra records.

That would be great, because I've just cleaned up about 40 entries using the Windows DNS Manager gui tool!

I also learnt a lot about adding extra NS and PTR records using this gui tool (mydomain.com and _msdcs.mydomain.com), which would be nice to be able to do using 'samba-tool'.

I have rebooted both DCs and tested logins and DNS. Everything is now definitely quicker without those old DCs in the DNS and AD.

I can now perform the same cleanup on the live production network this weekend.

Thanks,

:)

--

Paul Littlefield