[Samba] DNS not resolving particular host from queries from particular subnet

Zdravko Zdravkov nirayah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:39:33 UTC 2018

Hi all.

Our setup is samba+dlz AD DC. Since last week the DNS doesn't resolve the
delegated record for our storage *storage.domain.ltd* (192.168.26.xx) when
being queried from clients in 192.168.29.0 which is our openvpn designated
network. The OpenVPN is configured to push the DNS of our network, and also
successfully resolves other hosts in the 192.168.26.0 subnet.
I have no memory of changing anything. Last friday just some of our remote
clients reported that the access to the storage has been lost.

Any ideas will be appreciated!