[Samba] Winbind Craziness

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 21:48:29 UTC 2018

 so I'm going to ramble a bit because I need help desperately and I'm slogging away on my own, but something I say might give someone an idea.
This whole thing seem to revolve around kerberos kvno's and machine password changes. couple of days after violently recreating the server people start to not be able to connect. today's debugging turned up a mismatch between the kvno supplied by the keytab and the one apparently required by smbd or winbindd or both.
at present i've opted for

machine password timeout = 0 in smb.conf
and

@weekly /usr/bin/net ads changetrustpw ; /usr/bin/net ads keytab create -P
in root's crontab
hopefully this will make a difference...