[Samba] Setting up a Share Using Windows ACLs_2

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 31 12:26:34 UTC 2018

Try here: https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-July/217188.html

> It was a mistake in smb.conf, I changed domain_name to TCIT,
>
> in user map: !root = TCIT\Administrator TCIT\administrator
>
> Members of Domain Admins are: Administrator(have uid) and lab2 user

If 'Administrator' has a uidNumber attribute, then remove it, with a
uidNumber attribute that isn't '0', Administrator becomes just another
user as far as Unix is concerned.

> Present situation:
>
> # chown root:"Domain Admins" /srv/samba/TestShare3/
> # chmod 0770 /srv/samba/TestShare3/
>
> net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U
> "tcit\administrator"
> Enter tcit\administrator's password:
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege:
>   TCIT\Domain Admins
>   BUILTIN\Administrators
>
> getfacl /srv/samba/TestShare3/
> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> # file: srv/samba/TestShare3/
> # owner: root
> # group: TCIT\134domain\040admins
> user::rwx
> group::rwx
> other::---
>
> In Windows7 Im logged in as Domain Administrator and I change between
> him and lab2 user but the result is the same from Computer Management.
>
> sorry for my disagreement with mailing list but the solution to this
> problem is very important to me

They usually are.
Your posts are getting to the list
Others are seeing the replies
You, seemingly, are not seeing the replies, this very probably means
the reason lies at your end. It has been pointed out that the
Samba dnssec record has run out, does your email provider use dnssec
(If it does, it seems to be one of the few) ?

Rowland