[Samba] The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:03:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have two Primary Domain Controllers running on two installations of
Samba Version 4.6.7-Ubuntu on Ubuntu Xenial 64 bit.

For a few days I am receiving the following error on some computers which
are joined into Active Directory:

*The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
failed*

I googled for a solution to the problem but I found many solutions for
domain managed by Windows Server but not by Samba.

I have this problem only on some computer and not on all computers at the
moment.
I also tried to re-join the failed computers to the domain. The problem was
immediately solved but after some hours or days it happened again.

I also realized a quite strange behaviour when I add a new user on one of
the Domain Controllers using CLI or the RSAT tool: the new user takes many
minutes (10/20) to be propagated to the other Domain Controller. Is it
normal? Could this be related to my main problem?

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much for your help!
Bye