[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 31 09:33:18 UTC 2018

Hai,

Did you make sure that your root and localhost zones are loaded last in the bind config.

The order matters, at least if you also use bind_DLZ.

I suggest, you try it.
Im Just thinking about this,  if your . (root) zone is loaded, and its trying to lookup you company.corp domain.
It hits resolv.conf then you bind, and bind_dlz is not loaded yet, so lookup on the internet.
Its a possible option this happens, i dont know the bind9_dlz code.

And this, >>  domain.corp is just an alias, not the actual domain name.
Setup a with a real zone.

But pretty im sure your problem is caused by one of these 2.

I suguest start with making sure your localhost and root zones are loaded last on named.conf.

In my Debian server the order is as followed.
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";		< here (withing the options line:  at the bottum of the global options: tkey-gssapi-keytab "/var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab";
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";		< here only one line:  include "/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf";
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";	< here are my root and localhost zones ( default bind, not in DLZ )

Greetz,

Louis