[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 31 08:22:52 UTC 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 23:36:46 +0200
Eben Victor <eben.victor at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is part of the Sernet packages and is currently on 1.3.4
> /usr/lib64/samba/libldb.so.1.3.4
>
> We started using sernet-samba-ad from v4 using the internal dns and
> updated as versions were released. We have now recently updated from
> 4.8.2 to 4.8.3 and still using internal dns.
> Our DNS is working as it should, it's only been since recently that
> we have to migrate to bind9.

So, you are using Samba without problem, it is just that when you try
to use Bind9 instead of the internal dns server, your problems start.

Let's just recap

You have run 'samba_upgradedns'
You have altered smb.conf
You have configured 'named.conf' correctly
The Samba 'named.conf' file is readable by 'named' (this should be
'rw-r--r--' i.e. world readable)

But, even though everything looks okay, Bind9 will not start.

This is strange, there doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

Is anybody using the combination of Centos 7, Samba 4.8.3 and Bind9
without problems ?

Rowland