[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Eben Victor eben.victor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:42:45 UTC 2018

Hello Rowland,

selinux has been disabled, I also ran th follow

# systemctl stop sernet-samba-ad
# samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
# named -d3 -f -g -u named

Which then still fails, see below smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.CORP
        netbios name = PDC
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
        winbind offline logon = Yes
        guest account = nobody
        restrict anonymous = 1
        winbind max clients = 2000
        log level = 2
        ldap server require strong auth = no
        ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        interfaces = lo ens192
        bind interfaces only = yes
       server services = -dns
        max xmit = 65535
        dead time = 15

# Disable printer share
        load printers = No
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = Yes

# Enable domain TLS
        tls enabled  = yes
        tls keyfile  = tls/key.pem
        tls certfile = tls/cert.pem
        tls cafile   = tls/ca.pem

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domain.corp/scripts
        read only = Yes

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = Yes