[Samba] NTP Selinux Permissions

Konstantin Boyandin lists at boyandin.info
Sat Jul 28 13:58:39 UTC 2018

On 28.07.2018 15:18, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 19:50:55 -0500
> Ivan Rojas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> It is not recommended to install samba AD in centos, in what
>> distribution is it recommended to install?
>
> It's not that it isn't recommended to install AD on the Centos
> Samba packages, it is that you cannot (yet) set up an AD DC on the
> Centos Samba packages. You may be able to find a third party repo
> that contains Samba packages that will allow the creation of an AD DC.
>
> If you want to try another distro, you need to select one that isn't
> based on red-hat, such as debian or Devuan.
>
> You could always build Samba yourself.

Is there a Linux distribution (such as Debian, Ubuntu - those having
long-term support versions) were Samba 4 installed from official
repository can set up AD DC?

I recall Ubuntu 16.04' samba v4 (out of standard repository) could do
that, but haven't tried that myself yet.

While I definitely have some fun building packages manually, I'd prefer
to avoid that wherever possible.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Konstantin