[Samba] macOS 10.13.6 error joining to Samba 4.8.3

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 27 23:40:26 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 00:10 +0100, Phillip Potter via samba wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have recently setup a completely new AD domain on my Linux server, running Samba 4.8.3. From the server, I can authenticate via kerberos and get users and groups through winbind etc. When I try to join a freshly installed Mac running macOS 10.13.6, I receive the error:
> "Unable to add server. Authentication server failed to completed the requested operation. (5103)"
>
> The Mac has a local IP address of 192.168.0.107, and its hostname is set to potterbook.
>
> On the Mac, no log entries at all occur to indicate what this might be.
>
> On the Linux machine, the only logs that seem to get written are in /var/log/samba/mit_kdc.log:

Did you build Samba with MIT Kerberos support or use package so built?
If not, then perhaps you have the wrong KDC started, just start Samba
and it will handle the rest.

If that isn't it, try re-building the AD DC without MIT Kerberos, we
have some reports of issues in this area, and it would provide a point
of comparison we can investigate.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett