[Samba] Fwd: Fwd: Problem connecting to DC from windows 10. Failed to create user record ... acl: unable to get access to ...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 27 08:14:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 23:03:19 +0200
Andrzej Gryko via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I found the problem. I can login as administrator, but not as
> different user - I add different users by "samba-tool user add" or
> smapasswd and it's the same.

No, you have found a further problem ;-)

The correct command to create a user in Samba AD is 'samba-tool user
create'. You do not use 'smbpasswd' to create an AD user.

Can we check a few things:

You have installed Samba packages capable of being an AD DC (I say
capable because red-hat distros, except the latest Fedora, cannot be
AD DC's)

You have provisioned it correctly

You have set up the DC OS correctly

You have joined the windows machine to the domain

If all the above is correct, it should work, if it doesn't, check if
Selinux, Apparmor or a firewall is getting in the way.

If after all of the above is checked and it still doesn't work, then
we are going to have to walk through setting a Samba DC, hopefully
this should show what is wrong ;-)

Rowland