[Samba] NTP Selinux Permissions

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 26 16:24:52 UTC 2018

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:47:34 -0500
Ivan Rojas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I have installed samba AD in centos 7, but I have an inconvenience to
> synchronize my clients with the NTP service, the status is in failed,
> it has to do with the socket. What permissions should be assigned?

Ah, that's better, I can understand it now ;-)
Are you sure it is a permissions problem ?
Is another time server already running ?

Where did you get the Samba packages from that allow you to create an
AD DC on Centos 7, by default this isn't possible (yet), or have you
compiled Samba yourself ?

On debian:

ls -lad /usr/local/samba/var/lib/ntp_signd
drwxr-s--- 2 root staff 4096 Jun 14
08:51 /usr/local/samba/var/lib/ntp_signd

Rowland