[Samba] Problem connecting to DC from windows 10. Failed to create user record ... acl: unable to get access to ...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 24 21:04:46 UTC 2018

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 22:41:41 +0200
Andrzej Gryko via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
> Sorry for my english.
>
> I've got a problem configuring samba as DC on the newest Debian. While
> trying to login from windows 10, there is an error, it ask for name
> and password (when user and pass are incorrect, windows tells about
> it). In /var/log/samba/log.samba there is an entry:
> *Failed to create user record
> CN=ANDRZEJ-DESKTOP,CN=Computers,DC=gryko,DC=local: acl: unable to get
> access to CN=ANDRZEJ-DESKTOP,CN=Computers,DC=gryko,DC=local*
>
> gryko.local is my domain.

I take it that you didn't get the message that you shouldn't use
'.local' as it interferes with avahi, so if avahi is running, stop it.

How did you join the win10 machine to the domain ?

> smb.conf is generated by "samba-tool domain provision".

can you please post smb.conf

> While instaling samba, debian didn't install winbind, so I installed
> it manually.

Yes that is standard now.

> kinit administrator - works properly.
> smbclient -L localhost -U ... - properly

It looks like something isn't configured correctly, double
check everything.

Rowland