[Samba] Error IIS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 24 18:01:26 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-29 at 10:16 -0300, Carlos via samba wrote:
> HI!
> The strange thing is that the problem (error in the logs) only runs when
> the authentication trigger comes from IIS ....
> Not the problem in DC, authentication via Windows machines or Winbind
> (other servers) all working.
>
> What procedures do you want to help? Do we procdir some data loss or
> something?
> Which procedure to open the bug?

I'm sorry for dropping the ball on this, I would like you to open a bug
on this, and send me a gdb backtrace privately.

The Samba sources include a handy gdb_backtrace script, which you can
enable with:

panic action = path_to/gdb_backtrace %d

That will help a lot in understanding what is wrong.

Even as a start, upgrading to samba 4.8.3 will get you a simple
backtrace we can start to at least categorise the error with, but we
will need the full thing from a developer or debug build to really
understand it.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett