[Samba] Volume Activation with Samba AD

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Tue Jul 24 15:50:23 UTC 2018

Hello,
what I meant is not acting as a KMS server but something new Microsoft
introduced. In windows 10 the tool vor managing Volume Licences asks if
you have a KMS server or if you want to use AD for activating the
software. I haven't tried it yet as I would need to setup a test
environment.
So I asked here to see if somebody tried it before. I can test this with
samba but I don't have a Windows AD so can not help there.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Research Scientist

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.de, homepage www.brain-biotech.de
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Dr. Juergen Eck (Vorsitzender), Frank Goebel
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Ludger Mueller