[Samba] Samba and CNAME

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Jul 24 14:00:39 UTC 2018

Am 24.07.2018 um 10:37 schrieb Henry Jensen via samba:

> After two days it suddenly works. After adding the SPN I didn't change
> anything. Of course I did execute "net cache flush" and friends after
> setting  the SPN, but somehow it must have been cached elsewhere.

This reminds me of my issue a few weeks ago.

At first some DNS-entry seemed to have timed out or so, after re-adding 
the CNAME (and SPN) the problems only faded after a few days as well.

details: I have a "netbios alias" in smb.conf there to provide 2 names 
for one server ... the former admin spreaded links with both names all 
over the place ... I saw a Word-document with more than 650 hyperlinks 
in it ... phew.

For now no more issues ...

More information about the samba mailing list