[Samba] windows server 2008 R2 access samba slowly

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 24 11:23:30 UTC 2018

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:51:59 +0800
yblin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,all:
>      My Windows server whose OS is windows server 2008 R2 access
> samba files shared by my linux server very slowly. Could you give me
> a good advice to solve it. I've searched the guideline on samba.org
> but I can not find proper way for me.The related information is as
> follows:
>
>      samba version: samba-3.5.4
>      samba server OS: RHEL 6.0
>      samba client OS: Windows server 2008 R2
>
> Regards
> Yblin

The main problem is, if there is a problem (and I am not saying there
is), it will not get fixed, Samba 3.4.x is long EOL as far as Samba is
concerned. This is one of the joys of running RHEL, you get stable
software, but it is stable only because it is old. There have been lots
of fixes and improvements since 3.4.5 was released, very few of which
will have been backported.

My advice would be to upgrade the RHEL OS and, by default, Samba.

Rowland