[Samba] Failed to establish your Kerberos Ticket cache due time differences with the domain controller

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jul 23 07:28:37 UTC 2018

Hai,

I've reading this thread more closely.

I suggest you try the followoing.

Check the servers hardware clock in the bios first.
Set these within 5 min, if they are not about the same.

Run :  dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
Check/set the correct timezones on both servers, and both servers should show you the same date/time and (optional) zone.

Run : ntpq -p
Check the offset on both servers.

Add :  winbind refresh tickets = yes to you smb.conf

If these are member servers, make sure you have only the server lines pointed to you AD DC's.
If these are DC's, them make sure the both point to the same ntp servers.
Dont use pool servers for the AD DC's, but thats my advice.

Reboot the servers, first DC with FSMO, if there are DC's involved.
This wil clear kerberos cache tickets and should make sure the time is really set ok.

Login again, do have still have the time message, if yes..

Check :
/etc/pam.d/common-auth
You should see a line like :
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so krb5_auth krb5_ccache_type=FILE cached_login try_first_pass

Change that one to
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so krb5_auth try_first_pass
Try again, put it back again after a successull login without messages.

When this is done.
Now go clear the kerberos cache.
Run : klist -ef
Check the ETYPES and Flags.

Now mail us back with the results.
Above should determine if its and old kerberos cache problem or ntp problem.

Greetz,

Louis