[Samba] Samba internal DNS limit recursive queries to certain ip address ranges

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sat Jul 21 20:17:53 UTC 2018

Hello MJ,

> Perhaps use iptables for that..? Simply drop unwanted queries. (or migrate
> to bind)

yes, I did that. At the moment I'm having trouble with samba IPv6 and
domain joins using sysprep, so I disabled it again for now until I
figured out what the issue is. Manual works, sysprep fails, still no
idea why.

With iptables you can also do a deep packet inspection which looks for
the recursive bit. I once did that for a customer.

Cheers,
        Thomas