[Samba] autogenerated self-signed certificate problem

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 20 14:44:43 UTC 2018

You missing or :

Smb.conf
tls cafile = tls/ca.pem

And/or   ( showing the Debian steps ), the CA is missing in ca-certifcates.crt
In : /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
TLS_CACERT      /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Steps todo.
mkdir /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/personal-cert
Put the root in that folder.
Run : update-ca-certificates

You need to install ca-certificates first.
apt install ca-certificates

Or, add you CA manualy, or replace the line:
TLS_CACERT      /etc/ssl/certs/YourCA-File.

Best is use the first or second option.

Greetz,

Louis