[Samba] cache_traverse_validate_fn: unknown cache entry

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 20 12:09:14 UTC 2018

Hi,

I tested the following.

stop winbind
rm /var/lib/samba/winbindd_cache.*
start winbind

And the error is gone.

I did notice the following, before and while having the log message.
running : net cache list | grep username
That shows the user.

Now after stoping , remove the cache.tdb files and starting i tested it again.

net cache list | grep username
! This did NOT show the user, but ...

net cache list | grep USERNAME
Does show the user.

wbinfo -u  && wbinfo -g
net cache list | grep username
And it shows the user again, no errors any more in the logs.

I cant explain why you ( and i ) see a message : cache_traverse_validate_fn: unknown cache entry
i dont thinks it was an corruption in the cache tdb database, because this exist on all my member servers.
imo, it is a bug some, that might have been fixed already.

I did check in bugzilla, but I did not find any related, as far i can tell.
https://bugzilla.samba.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__all__&content=cache_traverse_validate_fn&no_redirect=1&order=Importance&product=&query_format=specific

Greetz,

Louis