[Samba] Debian Stretch Samba Packages 4.8.3 available (amd64/i386)

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jul 20 09:28:40 UTC 2018

Am 2018-07-20 um 11:22 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Hai Stefan,
>
>> upgraded a DC (one of two) from 4.8.2 to 4.8.3 (including some debian
>> jessie upgrades, did reboot) ??
>
> Can you explain that process a bit more? As i understand you did the following.
>
> 1) upgrade a debian Jessie to Debian stretch. ?
> 2) upgrade samba from jessie to stretch. ?
>
> Is that correct ? Im asking because i did not build any jessie samba 4.8.2..

*sorry* ... I mixed that up in my hurry

Debian Stretch here = 9.4 -> no jessie involved, my mistake at writing
my posting

I ran 4.8.2 on stretch, did debian upgrades and samba upgrades
then samba-vfs-modules was missing

> The cache entry, no worries, just cache, net cache flush and gone.
> I did see that also for 1 of my users. ( same user on all servers ) and only in the log.winbindd.
>
>>> (re-)installed samba-vfs-modules (why did they get lost at the
>>> upgrade??), restarted samba.
>
> I dont know, but i'll do a checkup, i need the previous OS and Samba version.

See above.

> I've done now about 15 upgrades ( all debian stretch )
> Versions :
> 4.7.8 to 4.8.3, 4.8.2 to 4.8.3.
> I dont see any problems here, any special settings in the smb.conf ?

I don't think so, you guys have seen this smb.conf around 5 times
already ;-)

thanks, Stefan