[Samba] SSSD on CentOS 7 failing to start when connecting to 4.8.3 AD via LDAP

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 20 07:32:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 10:35:59 +1000
Mark Johnson via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I've been going around in circles with this for days and I'm stuck.
> I'm trying to run up a new AD environment with only Samba 4.8.3
> servers that we'll authenticate user server access against via
> SSSD/LDAP using a simple bind.  All of our servers are either CentOS
> 6 or 7.

Hmm, so you are using a red-hat product (sssd) on red-hat OS against
Samba and you are having problems. Can I point out that sssd has
nothing to do with Samba, so you should ask either Centos or the
sssd-users mailing list for help.

This may not be the answer you were seeking, but you will get better
help elsewhere, we are not the experts on sssd, the sssd-users mailing
list is.

Rowland