[Samba] winbind behavior question

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:44:48 UTC 2018

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 23:06:50 +0800
> d tbsky via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>>    I have one samba 4.7/4.8 DC, one samba member file server (rhel 7.5
>> with samba 4.7.1), and one windows 7 member PC.
>>
>>    if I create an account (my-account) in samba DC, I can not see it
>> in the member server with "id my-account" or "getent passwd
>> my-account".
>
> How are you creating the user ?
>

>>    but if I use windows member PC to access the file server with
>> my-account, then immediately "id my-account" and "getent passwd
>> my-account" will work in member server.
>>
>>    is this behavior expected? can I let samba member server get the
>> newly created account immediately?
>
> No, it isn't, it should work fairly immediately, please post the
> smb.conf from the Unix domain member.

  thanks a lot for the quick help. I remember in old days it happened
sometimes. but after upgrade rhel 7.5 (from samba 4.6.x to 4.7.1) and
samba DC 4.7/4.8 it now happens every time.
below is the smb.conf configuration from member server

[global]
   workgroup = SAMDOM
   netbios name = backup
   realm = AD.SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
   security = ads

   idmap backend = tdb
   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 1000000-1999999

   idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
   idmap config SAMDOM:default = yes
   idmap config SAMDOM:range = 1000-999999
   idmap config SAMDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307

   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind nested groups = no
   winbind use default domain = yes