[Samba] Samba AD with internal DNS on IPv4/IPv6 but only announcing IPv4 address

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Thu Jul 19 13:26:28 UTC 2018

Hello,
I use Samba AD in Version 4.8.3 and would like to run it on IPv4 und
IPv6 in order to be able to have Samba acting as IPv6 DNS Server.
However since I have problem with sysprep domain join as soon as Samba
advertises its own Domain Controller Hostname as IPv4 and IPv6 address,
I would like to tell Samba to run on both protocols but only resolve to
an IPv4 address. So in short:

When I delete the IPv6 address of the samba domain controller, samba
puts the the IPv6 address back after 10 minutes or so. Is there a way to
tell samba, to only put its IPv4 address but continue to listen both on
ipv4 and ipv6 for DNS and other services?

Cheers,
        Thomas