[Samba] Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm

Wed Jul 18 21:21:41 UTC 2018

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 13:49:39 +0200
> Anton Blau via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> Hmm, your REALM is 'SMBDOMAIN.FILE.DUCK' but your dnsdomain appears to
> be just 'duck'
>
> Rowland

I read https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Naming_FAQ -
but I am not sure that my configuration is right.

I run a private network that can only be accessed from the internet via
dyndns (Webserver in dmz). Samba should be only accessed from the local
network.

So I gave my local (private) Network the top-level-domain "duck". My
clients are named

firstpc.duck

secondpc.duck

The computer on which samba runs has the computer name "file.duck".

What name is correct for the configuration by: samba-tool domain provision

Realm: smbdomain.file.duck

Domain: smbdomain

???

Could you explain me?